£30,000 - £40,000
We are looking for an experienced mid/senior level PHP developer to join our team in Newquay, Cornwall.
You'll be involved at all stages of building full-stack applications, from collaborating on requirements gathering sessions, to discussing architecture, to writing and maintaining the end product. We encourage an attitude of continuous refactoring to get the best result possible, backed up by a full test suite to catch any regressions.
- Modern object oriented PHP
- Knowledge of Symfony - or a willingness to upskill quickly
- Detail oriented mindset & strong creative problem solving abilities
- Keen on testing - unit and end-to-end
- Experience with development & integration of APIs (primarily REST)
Nice to have skills
- You've built complex sites with Symfony before
- Experience setting up and maintaining continuous integration environments. We tend to use hosted solutions like TravisCI & Bitbucket Pipelines; if you've rolled your own, even better!
- Building and maintaining websites and web applications.
- Writing understandable, testable code.
- Communicating with clients to understand their requirements, design solutions, and implement them.
- Mentoring and sharing ideas with other members of the team.
Started in 2013, flowmoco is a small digital consultancy based in Newquay. We build complex websites and web applications for a variety of clients like Vodafone, Sky, Santander, and the Royal College of Nursing, as well as many less well known names.
Recent projects include:
- A fully automated property rental site with the capability to make payments, credit check tenants, integrate with backend accounting systems, and advertise, manage, and maintain properties.
- An NHS SAAS system to connect people in need with local volunteers.
- An interactive visualisation of the European Bioenergy Research Institute’s bio-energy reactor showing power usage and distribution in real-time.
- The Royal College of Nursing portfolio system for all nurses in the UK to record their professional development.
- Santander Corporate Banking site.
- We’re based in the centre of Newquay - 7 beaches within walking distance!
- The boss is a keen surfer, and we’re proponents of TDD (tide driven development) - and there's a place to park your board in the office.
- Bi-weekly yoga sessions (not compulsory - we’re not a weirdy-beardy cult!)
- Regular conferences and training opportunities. We want you to be the best developer you can be - and are keen to invest to get you there.
- Relaxed, fun but focused environment.
To apply, please send a CV together with a less formal covering 'letter’ to firstname.lastname@example.org
No agencies please.